Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bojo Fondo Tango Club


My ever expanding music taste/interest has reached somewhere unfamiliar. A friend of mine who recently visited Argentina came back with a couple of CDs. One day, he was giving me a ride home. I was day dreaming in his car as usual, but at some point, I totally caught myself listening to the music he was playing and started really liking what I was hearing. Fresh sounds are honestly pretty rare these days around me, especially graduating college and also moving away from what I’d call awesome music aficionados of Northern/Southern California. This band- that piqued my interest is: Bajo Fondo Tango Club. The band consists of 7 members- all successful musicians on their own, came from mostly Argentina and Uruguay.

How would I describe their sounds? I’m not a professional music reviewer, so forgive my descriptions for they might not sound as accurate or even sophisticated (if you readers even care…) as they should. In my own words, it’s a mixture of Tango, Electronica (especially Trip-hop & low tempo), and a bit of Hip Hop sprinkled here and there. They have this amazing DJ, Luciano Superville who seriously has major talent in dropping the sweetest beats and samples at the right moment in the traditional tango rhythm. If you’re looking for the ultimate chill out music that is not the typical Buddha Lounge Mix #1000 to the Nth power. this might be something you might want to check out.


By the way, I’m not obsessed with the Argentinean culture or anything. They just kinda…showed their faces at me last week and started creeping into my senses, eventually making mihae a very happy panda at the end of this week.

1 comment:

BOBBLEBOT: cYborg iNdie SkiEs said...

omg -- this music is f*cking amaaaaazing! Is there any way you could send me some tracks via gmail or whatnot? I've been so starved as of late for fresh sounds as well.