Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sakura Con




















































Seattle's hottest anime convention Sakura con...um. There is something wrong here. Alright, I don't mean to be a snob or anything, but for an avid anime convention go-er that I am, Sakura con was well- cool but nothing impressive. It could also mean I've grown out of it. Who knows?

Costumes, however, were freakin outstanding for a relatively small convention. There were three huge groups: Naruto (ugh), bleach, and death note. I'm a bit out of the anime loop, but apparently- death note is basically the new hot shit that everyone's been watching. (including the graphic designer from our company)

This above picture is wedding Yuna and Seymour from Final Fantasy X. Holy crap, these costumes are awesome. I don't know if you can see, but this dude has long nails, just like Seymour (Not to mention, he's really got the pose down).

This wedding dress is simply outstanding. It is by far the best Yuna's wedding dress I have ever seen so far. The wings were exquisitely made, and can't forget the bouquet in the back. Some people might think this is dorky and silly, but creating costumes such as these can take months. My old Yuna costume took almost half a year to make.

However, the cosplay masquerade was pretty pathetic. The MC was trying way to hard to be funny, and people did not put nearly as much as effort that they should have to put on a great show.

-Edit-
By Alice's request (<3), I'm adding a few more pictures. Woot!

2 comments:

BOBBLEBOT: cYborg iNdie SkiEs said...

OMG -- you have a blog now!!! But I wish there were more picturas! I really wanted to see the Death Note costumes, or, at the very least, the Misa Misa costumes. Were there any Ouran Host Club peoples?

YAH -- the fact that it was disappointing can't be helped. It's SEATTLE. Bahahaha -- no, I kid. Well, when anything's new, it always starts out small and semi-lame. Give it 3-4 years, I'm sure it'll look mebbe half as awesome as Anaheim's Anime Expo, which is still pretty damn amazing.

BOBBLEBOT: cYborg iNdie SkiEs said...

OMG! FF7!!! Gotta say, though, Tifa looks hella like Lara Croft.