Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fashion Fashion Fashion...

Fashion, fashion, fashion. Fashion is tricky, especially for me, since what I wear is...less than impressive, but my eyes are wandering all over the place. Living life, I think, makes you a bit lazy about presenting yourself in an aesthetically pleasing manner (That is totally subjective, and here I mean 'looking good to yourself and not others' sorta thing).

I've watched...pretty much every runway from Fashion Week, and I've chosen two of my favorites this year so far, and the winners are: Vera Wang and Gucci. This might seem weird, since there are so many not-so-famous-great designers & brands out there with gorgeous & experimental concepts implemented on their clothes, but I'm speaking from a purely ready to wear perspectives. I love avant garde, I love the great distance in which artists & designers go in turning their visions into realities...but I have to say that most of them- I will never actually wear.

Check out these videos. This Gucci video does a great job of pointing out the highlights of the show. Oh, by the way Gucci's current creative director is Frida Giannini.



The second, is by Vera Wang.



Both of these collections have a few things in common: Beautiful color palette (Earth tone, which is my personal favorite), experimentation with interesting jewelries, and simply, I would wear literally everything from these two collections.

Here are the runner ups. Givenchy, and Stella McCartney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJFH2Uno_Q (Givenchy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwhvZOH-rQ (Stella)

Here are the links, so check them out. Oh, and Marc Jacobs fans out there- 'blegh' is my conclusion, sorry...

1 comment:

BOBBLEBOT: cYborg iNdie SkiEs said...

there always seems to be an element of glam rock in your tastes -- whether it's Spanish bohemian glam rock like Gucci's or soft-and-pretty tea party glam rock like Wang's.

Mihae -- release ur inner David Bowie!!!